How to Choose a Listing Agent
- Research potential agents: Start by researching potential agents in your area. Look for agents who have experience selling multiple homes and who have a strong track record of successful sales. You can use online resources such as Google to search for agents and read reviews from previous clients. You can find my reviews here.
- Check their credentials: Make sure the agents you are considering are licensed and have a good standing with the local real estate board. You can check their credentials online or through the local board’s website.
- Review their marketing plan: Ask the agents to provide a detailed marketing plan for your home. A good agent should have a solid plan to market your home effectively to potential buyers. Look for agents who use a variety of marketing channels, such as online listings, social media, and print advertising. You can find part of my listing plan here.
- Home Updates: A Realtor should be more than someone who just advertises your home. Find a realtor who is willing to help you coordinate inspection repairs, home updates before listing, and anything else home related to make your life easier in the home selling process.
- Choose an agent you trust: Ultimately, you want to choose an agent you trust and feel comfortable working with. Look for someone who is professional, responsive, and communicates clearly. You should feel confident that your agent has your best interests in mind and will work hard to sell your home for the best price possible.